Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More unsatisfied TRS customers- WHY SPEND $300 ON CRAP?

phenryiv1 11-22-2011 04:27 PM


[quote=lillefty006;35690183]Great write up..subscribed for when I decide to do this.. Thanks! How is the cut off with the trs headlight kit? Also a project ftw[/quote]

Cutoff is good, but it has taken hours to get them aimed "correctly" after the retrofit. I have them aimed as closely as possible to the OEM HIDs on my wife's '08 TL, but the TRS retrofit output still leaves me...underwhelmed. I really expected that they'd be worlds better than my DDM drop-in HIDs, but to tell the whole truth, I am not seeing it...literally.

First off, their depth of field is less than that of the DDMs. Width is close enough that I'd call it a wash. Intensity within the lighting range has to go to the DDM setup, but not by too much. Ther real kicker: in over 15,000 miles of driving with the DDMs in place, I was never ONCE flashed by an oncoming driver. So far in around 2000 miles with the TRS kit it is 4x and counting. I had them where the guides say to aim them and got flashed, so I aimed them 2-3" lower (@20') but the depth of field sucked. I raised them back up (about 2" @ 20') and got flashed again. Now I am 1" below that mark and I am at the point that if I go any lower I might as well go back to halogens in the stock projector (as far as visibility goes). I can see okay, but I just got flashed again yesterday (with low beams only).

To say that I am not a huge fan is an understatement. I wish that I had left my DDMs in place and saved the $300, to tell the truth.

1 comment:

  1. TRS owns HID planet - people take forever to figure this nonsense out.
    TRS also spends all their time telling people their retrofits are somehow unique, they aren't. They are no different than anyone's and they are far more expensive. there are at least 5 other copanies that selel the exact same stuff for a LOT less.
    overpriced nonsense.

    morimoto is just a trademark TRS owns, it's not a company, it's just a name an dit means nothing

    do your research spread the word

    ReplyDelete